Brown spots or as they people also know them – liver spots and age spots appear as flat and brown or dark spots on the skin. They can be different in size. They mostly appear on the hands, shoulders, face, and arms because these areas are the most which are exposed to sunlight.
The appearance of these spots is mostly seen in people over 50, but young adults can also have them if they didn’t pay attention to the time they spent exposed on the sun.
What Causes Age Spots?
As we have said this previously, they mostly appear because of a greater exposure to the sun. They can also appear if you use tanning beds frequently. The pigment that gives our skin its color is called melanin. It is located in our upper skin layer.
When ultraviolet lights touch our skin, the production of melanin becomes faster and creates a kind of a tan that should protect our deeper skin layers not to be damaged by the UV rays.
The areas which were the most exposed will probably be covered with liver spots because this pigment is produced in great amounts.
You need to protect your skin from the sun so that you can defend yourselves from these spots.
Anyone can have these spots, but they mostly appear in people who have light-colored skin and the ones who are exposed to sunburns frequently.
Still, these brown spots aren’t dangerous. In case you notice they change their appearance or shape, you should visit a specialist, because they may be an indicator of melanoma.
Here are some of the changes you should pay attention to:
- Irregular border
- Dark pigment
- Accompanied by redness, tenderness, bleeding or itching
- Increases in size rapidly
- Unusual color combination
Age Spots Home Remedy
- You can treat age spots with bleaching creams, laser therapy, dermabrasion and chemical peels. Here, we’re going to offer you something natural.
- The recipe is recommended by Dr. Doug Willen, author of “Quantum Paleo”. It’s a combination of 2 natural ingredients: onion juice and apple cider vinegar. Onions are full of antioxidant compounds that can help you eliminate all of the free radicals from your body.
- Apple cider vinegar contains alpha hydroxy acids that are able to remove the dead skin cells and help you have healthy skin underneath. Many people have used it and it guarantees amazing results. It will make your skin glow naturally.
Preparation Method & Usage
- Take 1 fresh onion. Dice it well and then use a mortar and a pestle to pulverize it.
- When it becomes liquefied, combine it with the apple cider vinegar in a blender.
- Blend it well to obtain a homogenous mixture.
- Put it in the areas where you have liver spots with the help of a cotton ball.
- Make sure the apple cider vinegar you’re going to use is unfiltered and organic.
- Don’t forget to apply sunscreen!
Disclaimer: All content on this website is for informational purposes only and should not be considered to be a specific diagnosis or treatment plan for any individual situation. Use of this website and the information contained herein does not create a doctor-patient relationship.
Always consult with your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.